Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Earlier in the week Kent, you expressed how frustrated you were that I got to decide what you eat for dinner each night. You said, "If I were the boss, I would eat corn dogs." It started me thinking about how truly, as a child, you do not get to have a lot of control over you life. I tell you when to get up, when to go to bed, what to wear, where you are going, etc, etc. I can tell that you want to be able to make some choices on your own. So, we instituted KENT DAY. You were given the freedom to chose what we ate, and what activities we did on Saturday afternoon.

You were so excited in the days leading up to KENT DAY that you decorated the kitchen table with streamers.

Finally, the day arrived. You, of course, chose corn dogs for dinner, and here is a photo journey indicating what activities you chose for our family to do.


Club Penguin Wii: This is your favorite Wii game, and you were delighted to share you favorite game with your favorite people.


Guns: We played guns. Well, you and Parker and Daddy played "guns", and since I don't really know how to do that, I just cheered you on as you preformed all kinds of shooting stunts.


Mario Memory: This game was intense..that's what happens when you have 4 very competitive people :)

Art Projects: We made a Sponge Bob key chain that was part of a kit. We each created one strand. I used up all the pink and purple beads on my strand, so you wouldn't have to. Then, you boys used all the big pieces, and left the small ones for Daddy. :)

Bouncy Balls: We made these balls from a kit that Santa brought you. You LOVED these, and continually bounced them off the walls downstairs...which chipped paint off the walls...which resulted in a reprimand..but, hey, let's focus on positives.

We had such a fabulous time at KENT DAY, and PARKER DAY is soon to come.

I love you Kenters, and when you were given the freedom to make some choices, you did a fantastic job!

No comments: