Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Parker,

we left George in Chicago and we haven't had it for about two weeks. It used to be that if you couldn't find him, you wouldn't sleep, but you've outgrown that stage..or so I thought.

I put you to bed around 9:15, and at 10:30 you came in to my room sobbing..."I just really need my Georgie, Mom!!!"

"Honey, he is in Chicago, but we'll get him on Friday when we go back"

"I just really miss him!"

"Do you want to sleep with my blankie?"

"No."

I just held you and rocked you while you cried, and then I had an idea.

"Do you want me to go downstairs and get a stuffed animal monkey from the toys?"

"Mmmmhmmmm."

I retrieved two substitutes and came upstairs.

"Parker, may I introduce you to Feorge and Keorge? These are Georg's brothers and they'd like to hang out until George gets back."

You laughed and laughed, grabbed your new buddies, ran off to bed, and were asleep 3 minutes later.

I love how mature and grown up you are, but I love that you still want to sleep with your cuddle toy. I may know someone who is almost 33 and still sleeps with her blanky......

No comments: