Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Right now, Pop Pop is meeting with the Dr. to receive the news of his diagnosis, and to discuss any treatment options. I worry about his physical issues, but today my concern is for his emotional and spiritual well being. I am so worried about how he will react to this news. I can't imagine having to sit and hear the Dr. give his diagnosis, and then the prognosis.

We are leaving Friday morning, but I may just pack up and leave this afternoon if Mimi feels like we need to be there...for her sake as much as Pop Pops.

Right about now is when I am calling on the grace that the Apostle Paul says that Jesus has for his children. In our weakness, His strength is made perfect (1 Corinthians 12:9).

Boys, you see me crying off and on, and you ask, "Are you crying because of Pop Pop's ouchie on his head?" You are observant, and part of me wants to hide all of these emotions from you, but the other part wants you to see the realness and authenticity of pain, hurt, loss, and fear. What better way to show you how Christ can help us, than by allowing you to see it first hand? You will see me sad, but you will also see that Jesus carries me through...that's a powerful testimony to the reality and existence of Christ.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Again, thank you for posting this. I know its not easy to be so open and honest, but it really encouraged. My husband and I just found out some devastating news and I was worried about how my husband would take it. I am praying for you.