Friday, May 13, 2011



Kenters, you like people, not things. I used to be able to give Parker a few toys and he'd stay busy for a million hours. I could give you a million toys, and you'd be bored after a few minutes. You just want to be by me..at my feet...all the time. I love this, don't get me wrong. But, it does make it difficult for me to work on the phone and computer at times. Other than me, the only other things that you want to do are play Club Penguin on-line, or Mario Bros on the Wii.

I love you boy, with every ounce of my heart. But I can't figure you out for the life of me. :) I do know one thing, I love having you here with me. Your personality can light up a room, and when you go to school full-time I will miss your dimpled smile, big blue eyes, chubby hands, blonde hair,and mis-pronounced "R" words.

---------------------

Parker, you are really enjoying baseball this year, because it's "real", not like t-ball. You are a decent hitter, but you could have so much more power if you just kept your back foot planted. But, at this stage, the fact that you are making contact is a huge success! I'm trying to work with you on running straight to first, instead of taking time to look where you hit the ball. For now, you've been practicing at short-stop. You've got a great arm, and I'm working with you to do the infield crow hop, which is a tiny jump towards 1st when you throw. You're learning to cover second when the ball is hit to the right side of the field, and your learning to cover third when the thrid baseman goes up or back to field a ball. We haven't even covered cut-offs yet...aye aye aye. Short-stop is a position that requires A LOT of mental capabilities. That position and responsibilities literally change with each pitch and scenario. But, I'm quizzing you on potential occurrences, and you're getting there. I can see your wheels turning every time a grounder comes to you and survey the base running situation. I'm trying to teach you that you have to know what you are going to do with the ball BEFORE it comes to you. Who knows if that's where you'll stay, but it's still good to learn a bit about each position.

I know nothing about soccer. I know nothing about basketball. So whatever I tell you, please disregard! HA. But, baseball's my thing, so you better listen and listen clearly. Pop Pop was my coach for many years and he taught me everything I know, and then I was a co-captain of our high school team, so I know a thing or two about the best sport in the world. I also know that although I wasn't the strongest (obviously-look at my chicken arms), I played smart, and that help to elevate my abilities. You are built like your dad and I (duh!), so a strong mental knowledge of the game is absolutely necessary!!! Ha ha ha.

No comments: