Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I was going through my hope chest today trying to find things to get rid of for a garage sale we are having next month. Here's an excerpt from a letter that I found in my hope chest. Pop Pop wrote to me when I was away at college 500 miles from home, and Daddy and I were dating, and we were "on a break."...can you see why I love my father?

"Everyday I think of you. I remember the things we did together and it hurts me that I can't see you everyday, but it makes me even more thankful that God has given you to me...even though it was for a short time. I hope you know that our home is one that was created by God for you. It will always be a place where you are accepted just the way you are. You are thought of and loved and missed every day.

I don't know what God's will is for you regarding Erik. I know that Erik was your first love. It's hard to imagine that will ever be replaced. I do know that both of you have been willing to allow God to work this relationship out, and in the end God will have his way. There are risks in every relationship. That is why it is important to love Jesus first, because he will always be there and so will your family. You are part of who I am, and that will never change. I love you and will always be proud of who you are. Run that race and look forward to the prize. Enjoy where God has you right now. We'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Love, Dad

P.S. Sorry the Braves lost, and your boy Jim Harbaugh threw 4 interceptions yesterday.

No comments: