Saturday, February 26, 2011

I want to take a moment a pause and thank Jesus for the blessings he has poured upon our lives.

Pastor Mark Driscoll leads a church in Seattle, and he just had a tweet that said, "You deserved hell. Everything else is a gift."

It is so true. Not only has Jesus given us the best gift of salvation from hell, he then gives another gift of eternal life with Him (John 3:16). And, as if that's not enough, he gives us life, and life to its fullest here on earth (John 10:10).

He saves us from eternal death and suffering, he daily offers to carry my burdens, and he flourishes us with blessing after blessing in this life. All because He loves us.

"But the Lord was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me."

1 Samuel 22:20

No comments: