Friday, February 25, 2011


Parker,

This afternoon you came home with an award from the Rainbow Math assembly at school. You knew that you were in second grade math already, but after the assembly you came home and said, "Mom!!!! I'm in first place in my class and in the whole 1st grade!!!" You hugged me tightly and giggled in delight.

I am proud of you. You missed two questions on your last test, and when I wanted you to do the test over and to work on the incorrect problems, you said, "I'm already the best. I don't need to practice".

Oh dear.

We need to teach you that in order to succeed, you have to practice...whether it be soccer, basketball, or math. Innate talent will only carry you so far. I hope and pray that you develop a strong work ethic. Both your Dad and I are goal oriented, and we will work diligently to see success in our desired goal. Work ethic has to be taught, so we will concentrate on that now. Practice makes perfect.

Love you Math whiz. :) Keep it up!

No comments: