Thursday, January 13, 2011



Kent,

I think I have to home school you. It is just going to be too unbearable to send you to Kindergarten in August. I don't think I can be without you all day every day. You are such great medicine for my life. I was telling Daddy the other day that while I am excited about the prospect of working a bit more, I am so sad to leave the "stay at home mom" years behind. These last 7 years may have been extremely trying at times, but I would not trade even 1 second for something different. I may not have loved every single day, but I certainly and sincerely cherish them.

I jokingly said to Daddy, "Well, I guess I have to get pregnant now, so that when Kent goes to Kindergarten in 9 months, I'll have another baby to take care of." Kent, you immediately and ferociously rejected the notion. "No Mommy No!". When I asked you why you didn't want another baby to come in to our family you said, "Because I need my alone time." What in the world, child?! Where do you come up with this stuff. You're 4, and you are talking like an adult who has been in therapy for years. Ultimately you expressed that you enjoyed having the basement to yourself each morning as I work, and you don't want anyone cramping your style.

Oh little cuddle monkey boy, I don't think it's possible for me to love you anymore than I do. You and Parker and Daddy own every piece of my heart.

No comments: