Friday, June 25, 2010

We had a fun day yesterday. Daddy and I celebrated our 10th anniversary...well, we are going to set aside a time to celebrate more, but this week is too busy with the Fireworks outreach coming up on Sunday. In the morning I took you both to your summer camp (you go T and TH from 8-11), and I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some snacks for Parker's T-ball game. When I came out of the store, I saw Daddy pulling in. He had flowers and a card for me, and was trying to put them in my car to surprise me...but I walked out and ruined the surprise!

Daddy went to work, and I ran a few more errands. After I picked you up from camp, Parker you had two friends over for the afternoon. Daddy came home a little early from work, and then we had a nice evening at home.

A few years back I compiled a binder of all of the letters and cards that Daddy and I ever wrote to one another while we were dating. We dated for 4.5 years before we got married, so the binder is full of writings. I decorated the cover of the binder with Toy Story stickers and the movie tickets to our first date, and I also decorated one journal page for each year we dated. So, last night, we all sat on the couch together and looked through the binder. You boys enjoyed seeing some of the pictures I drew Daddy, and you laughed at some of the letters Daddy wrote me.

We then had a nice dinner on the deck, a quick bath, and then we all settled down to watch Toy Story 1. We watched that movie because that is what started Daddy's and my journey together. We went to Showplace 12 in Bolingbrook, IL on November 24, 1995 on our first date to see Toy Story..and the rest is history.



We plan on taking you boys next week to see Toy Story 3 in 3D, and then hopefully, when life slows down a bit in the fall, Daddy and I will get a way for a few days to celebrate 10 years of wedded bliss.

I loved celebrating our anniversary with the both of you. I loved sharing our love story too..and as much as you rolled you eyes and acted grossed out, I think you loved hearing it!

No comments: