Thursday, June 24, 2010


10 years. A decade of my life has now been spent as a married woman. I know the day that I had it in my heart that I wanted to marry Daddy. We were not dating very long, but he came with my family as we took a few missionaries to the Cubs game. On the way home from the game, he and I sat in the back of the family's station wagon (you probably have no idea what that even is), and we laughed the entire way from Wrigley to Warrenville. I don't remember what we were laughing about, but I know we were having fun. Later that evening we continued to joke and talk, and there was a brief thought in my mind of "I am going to marry him." Now we were only 17 then, so I kept that thought only to myself.

Life happened, and we broke up a few times during college, but deep in my heart I knew Daddy was the love of my life. I knew that if I didn't marry Daddy that I would not be able to marry anyone, because I could never love someone like I loved him.

Our love story is only possible because each of us have experienced the love of Christ. Daddy forgives me, he is patient with him, he doesn't keep a record of my wrongs, he serves me, he is unselfish, he is kind to me, he is gentle with me, he is committed to me..he is able to do and be all of those things because that is what Jesus has been to him. He is following Christ's example of love. I feel so blessed that I am loved by a man who knows what true love looks like because he has encountered God's love first.

10 years of marriage and 2 kids later, my life is more than I could have ever have hoped for. God is good to me.

No comments: