Sunday, April 4, 2010



We had a great Easter. To be honest, this is the first Easter ever that we haven't spent with one of our families. Although the day is filled with joy and celebration, there was a part of me that was a bit sad all day. I knew my whole family was together for lunch, and I wish we could have been there with them. They, on the other hand, probably enjoyed a very relaxing day without the rowdy Scottberg clan!

We went to the Wyatt's house, as they were so kind to invite us to be part of their family's celebration. The four boys were outside playing while the adults were getting ready to serve the meal, when all of the sudden, I look out in the yard and I see a very familiar little white hind end.

There you are Kent...in all your glory...relieving yourself in the middle of the Wyatt's backyard!!! Your pants down at the ankles and all. You didn't even try to hide behind one of the forty trees or bushes to do your business. I quickly ran out there, brought you inside to wash your hands, and then you had to sit for a lengthy timeout. After apologizing to Ms. Molly for watering her lawn, you were able to join the rest of the boys outside. I honestly wonder sometimes if your mental filter is broke. You seem to act so impulsively, without giving a thought to what you are doing or where you are. It's a good thing your smile and mannerisms are so endearing.

Never ever a dull moment. These are the times where I wish I were turtle...so I could stick my blushing face inside my shell and hide. Here these nice people invite us newcomers to their house for a big holiday dinner, and the thanks they get is a wet lawn. Aye aye aye.

3 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Such an adorable family picture. I love your shirt, Bethany. And, that story about Kent? Yea, it could win a prize... that is HILARIOUS! Bella told me earlier today "mom, you have quite a big butt". So kind!

Bethany Patrice said...

seriously...when are Kent and Bella going to meet? Kent is going to need a strong willed woman to keep him in place.

Bethany Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.