Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Good Friday, and the first day of your Spring Break. It's 8:13 am, and already the both of you are in your beds for your first (of what I expect to be several) time outs this week. Ha ha.

This is the day when we solemnly celebrate what Jesus did for us on the cross. Let me share a passage of Isaiah with you where the prophet foretells what Jesus went through because of His love for us. Sometimes when I read Scripture, I like to personalize it. It seems specific to me, and it makes me see that Jesus did for me, and even if I was the only person on earth, he'd still do it.

"Surely, He took up my infirmities and carried my sorrows....But he was pierced for my transgressions , and crushed for my iniquities; the punishment that brought me peace was upon him, and by his wounds, I am healed. I, like a sheep, have gone astray, and turned to my own way, and the Lord laid on him my iniquity. For he bore the sin of my heart, and made intercession for me, a transgressor." (Isaiah 53:4-12)

I am sinner who was supposed to experience eternal death as punishment. God loved me and didn't want to be separated from me, so He made a way for me to live. Jesus, God's only son, also loved me and died a death in my place. God gave his son, and Jesus gave his life. all. for. me. Now that's love.

"For God so loved the world that He gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not die, but have eternal life" (John 3:16)

I am not worth someone dying for me..certainly not one who is perfect in every way. I bow in utter awe today as I think that Jesus in all his purity, took my impurity upon him. He suffered so I don't have to. He was broken, so I could be fixed. He died, so I could live.

Thank you Jesus. I hope that the weight of this day, Good Friday, makes a permanent impact on the way you live your life, and on the decisions you make on a daily basis. Someone died to save your soul...so live like it.

No comments: