Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quick funny story...

Kent, you had a police officer visit your classroom and I happen to be the parent helper on that day. Your teacher asked if anyone knew what a police officer was, and you raised your hand. Mrs. Marquardt called on you and this is what you said...

"One time, my mom forgot to buckle me in my seat."

Uh..thanks a lot Kent. Were you trying to get me arrested? I think you felt the need to clear the air.

-------------------

This afternoon we had fun playing a family game of kickball. Well, Kent, you were on the neighbors swing set while the neighbor played with me, Parker, and Daddy. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Daddy and I are getting older, and we aren't as quick or as strong as we used to be. No one is more shocked by this than us! Daddy tried tackling me as I was approaching home plate, while Parker fetched the ball. Then, I threw Daddy out several times. One time I literally had to sit down in the middle of the field because I was going to wet my pants due to my uncontrollable laughter. Daddy tried to get the ball, and he ended up pulling a muscle in his neck.

We ended the evening with a game of "Mother May I". These are my favorite times in life. On these nights I wonder why God has chosen to bless me so much. I feel so undeserving, and it makes me awestruck at His love for me.

No comments: