Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Boys,

There will be times in your life when you'll have to cling to God's Word for breath and strength. This is one of those passages that lifts my head off the ground and gives me hope that this life is only temporary. Whatever trials or persecution you face will not last. Eternity waits for us, and eternity with Jesus is perfect.

2 Corinthians 4:8-18 (New International Version)

8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Bethany - I needed that verse today, thank you for being obedient to the Lord and posting it on here. He used this blog to minister to me in a way you'll never know. God Bless You!

(PS: I think the posts you are writing to your boys are so precious and invaluabe. I might eventually copy you idea on mine!)

Melissa Watson said...

Bethany - I blame you for the fact that I'm crying at work right now! ; )

You are such a sweet Mom to be writing these notes to your boys and this one especially touched me. Keep up the great work!

Melissa