Friday, June 5, 2009


I think for the next few weeks I a going to address my blog to the two brightest spots in my life: Parker and Kent. I would love for them to look on here on few years from now (when they can actually read), and learn about our family and our journey.

Parker and Kent,

the two of you have no idea the vast amount of joy that you bring to my life. Your dad and I often share laughs and grins over the things that you say and do. Sometimes, it's the way your pronounce a word, or the manner in which you speak. Yesterday I came home from the grocery store with Star Trek cereal, and you would have thought you won the lottery. You get excited over the smallest things...it really makes gift giving easy.

Kent, you are going to be three in a month and you have changed your birthday party theme daily. We started off with Superman, then Batman, and now you want "Bad Guys" party.

Parker, you are so independent and conscious..an exact replica of your father. After each meal, you bring your plate to the sink and then you wipe off your spot at the table. You love to organize your toys and games, and you share my love of the Cubs (after a little brainwashing from me).

Boys there is nothing that I'd rather do in life than to sit in the backyard and play with you. I wish that life didn't have as many distractions...or better yet, I wish I wasn't so easily distracted. I don't want anything to steal the time and attention that is rightly yours.

I pray that as a mom I would show you what it feels like to be unconditionally loved. I want to be an exact image of how Jesus loves you. Romans 8 says that there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God, and I want to exemplify that to you.

As I say all the time, I love you yo's.

No comments: