Monday, December 1, 2008

Direct Withdrawl hates me...

For years I have had direct withdrawl from my bank account to pay certain bills. I have our mortgage automatically withdrawn from one account, as well as my school loan payment from another. Mostly because they offer an extra 1/2 of percent off the interest if you agree to pay this way.

Well, with the Holiday last week, Grandpa sick the week before, and two children sick, I had forgotten to disperse our paychecks into their proper accounts.

Oops. I have had a bank account since I was 13 years old, and for the first time in 17 years I was overdrawn...twice!!!! Ouch. I want to call the bank and let them know that this is completely out of character for me. I know to them I am just a number, but I want them to know I'm not one of "those people". I had the funds in one account, I just never put them into the other two accounts due to the business of my life. I used to work at a bank for five years, and we'd often talk about "those people" and their lack of responsibility. Now I'm eating humble pie. It doesn't taste very good, but lucky for me because I am a first time 'offender" there is not penalty.

I need to slow down and pay attention to the things that matter. To top it all off, now that all of our Christmas decorations are up, my house feels cluttered. Clutter makes me feel claustrophobic and feeling claustrophobic stresses me out. I feel like I need to go through cabinets, drawers, and closets and start a organizing session. It will help me feel like life is clean and under control.

1 comment:

mscottberg said...

i don't know if this will make you feel better, but you were paying attention to the things that matter most, and that is why you got overdrawn:-)