Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm too invested in T.V.

Lost-this show confuses me more and more each week. I think I understand that because Juliet had no flash-forwards in her episode, than she is probably not one of the six survivors. Every week I go back and forth about Ben's motives. Is he good? Is he bad? Why does Jack kiss Juliet, but yet he clearly still has feelings for Kate? Why hasn't Hurley lost weight? Why doesn't Sawyer shave or cut off his mullet? What are these whispers in the forest? How did Goodwin's wife just disappear into thin air? Is Michael Ben's man on the boat? And if he is, than is Walt with him? IF Penny's dad is the mastermind behind this effort to exploit the island, does it mean that Penny is aware of what is going on? All these questions haunt me at night as I am trying to sleep. On more than one occasion, I have to tell myself, "This is not real Bethany. These people do not exist."

American Idol
-at least these people do exist. I am getting so irritated with Paula Abdul. There is no content to what she says, and if I were Simon, I would have give her the boot by now. I like David, and I like dread locks guy (although he always looks confused), and I like Australian guy too (but, don't they have Australian Idol? This is for AMERICANS.) The only two girls who don't annoy me are Syesha and Brooke. Why do I watch this show? Peer Pressure. Everyone else does..inclduing the radio hosts that I listen to through out the day. I feel so out of it, if I don't know what's going on in the AI world.

Survivor-I am so heart broken to say this, but after 8 years, I think this show is losing some of its momentum. These weaklings keep uniting to vote off the stronger people. Now it's going to be a show about thin, pastey, un-athletic, uncoordinated, drama filled people.

The Office-Come back. I need you!

11 comments:

Katie said...

You made me laugh out loud for real bethany... I too lie awake wondering why sawyer has not shaved his ugly mullet. It's so dirty looking!

Megan said...

I can't help but watch American Idol. I miss it on Wednesday nights because of youth group. I don't want any of those other shows. Are you surprised that the "gay" guys on American Idol got kicked off last night?
Have a great weekend!

Megan said...

Thanks for the baby advice. I think I will do that too. Well at least try. HAHA I have no idea what I will actually do. I would love for her to go into her crib ASAP. THANKS!

Anonymous said...

He must be an American if he is on a show titled, "American Idol." Don't let an accent fool you. Someone appears to be in need of a course titled, "Equity and Social Justice!"

Bethany Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Patrice said...

hmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

LOST - Used to love it...now I hate it. :(
Idol - I agree with all your thoughts there. Paula is completely drunk or high or...something every episode. I think Randy and Simon got sick of being the only sober ones on stage last week and decided to get drunk with her. Did you see the guys night? They were all crazy!
Survivor - Never could get into that one. But pastey, skinny, drama filled people never floated my boat...
The Office - Haven't watched this one either. But I hear only good things about it...so I'll have to go for it!
Fun post!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...there are some pastey, drama filled folks commmenting on your blog. Poo!

Anonymous said...

As far as Lost is concerned, everything you're fretting over will eventually be answered. I have complete faith in the producers/writers of the show to tie everything together and give us answers. The big answers will not come until the end of the series.

Monst3rjoe said...

I watched TV once