Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Core

Today we attended a youth leader's training session hosted by Youth Specialties. I am amazed at the dedicated individuals who gave up their Saturday (a cherished day), to learn and listen. I am always encouraged by the adult leaders who invest weekly in the students at the CREW. These people have jobs, they have families, they have demands, yet they see the value in mentoring the next generation. They are the most giving, unselfish people I know. These are the true heroes in my life, and my partners on this journey. They encourage me. They inspire me. They challenge me. They convict me. They give me hope.

2 comments:

Monst3rjoe said...

I love youth group!!

Megan said...

This is something we are trying to get more of. Awesome youth leaders. We only have three. Two of them are leaving because of military. We were praying last night for God to raise up leaders in our church that would have a heart for youth and today an amazing lady in our church asked Chris about helping in our youth ministry. She would be great with our kids. So we will be taking her through the process of becoming a leader this week!!!!