Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thursday the 22nd: We woke up, you boys gave us and each other your presents, we opened up Grandpa Paul's gifts, and we left for Chicago.

Friday the 23rd: Daddy had to go shopping for some last minute gifts for me, and then we all went to Auntie Denise's house where we celebrated the Mangialardi Christmas with 32 others (and that's not even all of us-we were missing Cousin Josh and his family in Ohio.) We also continued the Elton tradition of sleeping under the Christmas Tree.

Saturday the 24th: We had a nice lazy morning around the house after Mimi cooked an outstanding breakfast, and then we were off to Shar Shar's for the Elton Christmas.

Sunday the 25th: We opened up gifts downstairs in Auntie J and Uncle J's apartment (they flew out that morning for vacay), and then we went to Grandma Joan's to celebrate with the Scottberg crew.

Monday the 26th: We went to Bounce Town in Oswego with the Scottbergs, and that night our friends Aldo and the Schultz family came over.

Tuesday the 27th: I helped Mimi organize her kitchen, and you boys and Daddy played HOURS of video games. That afternoon, Kent developed a fever, and after taking him to immediate care, we discovered he had strep throat. Daddy and Parker went to the Hong's house for our annual gathering with the Hongs/Harris/Konrath families in Tinley Park...they are all great family friends.

Wednesday the 28th: I drove Daddy to the train station in Joliet so he could come back home to work, and then I took you to lunch with Papa and Pop Pop. We all stopped at Play it Again Sports, and then we hung out at Papa's house in Villa Park for a bit.

Thursday the 29th: You boys spent the day with Grandma Joan, and apparently you were little stinkers. I think you had a case of "strep combined with too much traveling". I, on the other hand, had a fabulous afternoon with Pop Pop's two sisters, Auntie Re and Auntie Pam, and I enjoyed a nice evening out with the Mangialardi women at Drury Lane in Oak Brook, seeing "The Sound of Music".

Friday the 30th: We hung around the house, and then we took Blake to Auntie Denise's house in Elk Grove, and had a sleepover with Gigi and Nico.

Saturday the 31st: We went Laser Tagging with Auntie Shar Shar, and then we went back to the Sidell house in Napervile/Aurora to celebrate New Year's Eve. Auntie Shar Shar rigged a balloon drop, and she had so many goodies, you would think her name was Willy Wonka.

Sunday the 1st: We woke up to Dunkin' Donuts, and then we left to come back here to Bethalto.

A Whirlwind of 10 days...our Christmas Tour 2011 has come to a close.

No comments: