Sunday, September 18, 2011


(this pic has nothing to do with the post, but I forgot to put it on here earlier...it's Parker leading Kent off the bus on the first day of school..holding his hand like a good big brother)


Kenters,

today I showered you with love and attention.

First, you sat with me and watched your favorite show, "Wipeout". During the course of the show I taught you how to flick with your thumb and pointer finger and smell your own feet...you know, all things little boys should know.

During dinner you were eating your standard favorite, a hot dog with no bun and extra ketchup, and you asked, "Mom, do hot-dogs really come from dogs?" When I told you they come from pigs, it just seemed to confuse you, so we agreed to settle that hot-dogs come from stores.

Lastly, we were doing homework for school tomorrow, and I could tell you were getting very frustrated with the time consuming project, and your interest was rapidly declining. I think in the past I would have made you sit there and suffer through the ordeal, but instead I suggested that you take a break and go play, and then return in 10 minutes to complete the project. It surprisingly worked like a charm. Little by little I am learning how to manage your personality, and how to set you up for success. Moms have a learning curve too, and I'm thankful that you are patient with me as I try to figure out how best to teach you.

I love you my blonde, shaggy haired munchkin.

No comments: