Saturday, August 20, 2011



So so so so so so so so proud of you Kenters!! You've had a fabulous first week of school. You've come home each day very excited about your time in Kindergarten. Not gonna lie...I've held my breath each afternoon as I've waited for you to come home and reveal your behavior card. Green means your behavior was great, Yellow means you received warnings, and Red means you've had to miss recess. You've had four days of GREEN. That's right, I said GREEEEEEEEENNN. Phew! I wanted so desperately for you to experience the victory of making good choices and having good behavior, and I am thrilled with your accomplishment.

The first day you got off the bus after school, I felt like you grew 3 inches since I dropped you off at 8 am. You've already decided that you like crust on your sandwiches because that's what big kids do. I'm liking the positive peer pressure!

You have been selected as your class' very first Star. On Monday you will get to bring a healthy snack, and share "Show and Tell." You've changed your selected item about 10 times, and I'm sure you'll be changing it until we leave for school on Monday.

Also, just a little confession: the only things you really like to eat for lunch are a peanutbutter sandwich, or a ham sandwich. But, the other day, I found a sale on Oscar Mayer Bologna; it was $1 for 16 oz. I couldn't pass it up. So I bought it, and I've been telling you it's a new kind of ham. You love it! You've asked for "new ham with crust" every day this week. But, I have a feeling that if I called it Bologna and not ham, you wouldn't like it. So...ham it is. I promise, I'll come through with the truth in another few days or so. Do you forgive me?

I am so proud of you and of the smooth transition you've made. I love you Kenters, and I am so thankful for you.

No comments: