Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here I go getting all sappy again. We just had Grandma Bea and Gigi spend 6 days with us, and we had a ball. We really limited our activity, at your request Parker. You wanted to just enjoy the time with your cousin and Great Grandma instead of rushing around from place to place. We did go to The Magic House, one day and to the Muny one night to see "Bye Bye Birdie", but other than that, Grandma and I spent hours playing Canasta, and you kids spent hours in the small pool.

One of the nights I had you watch "The Princess Bride", and the three of you LOVED it. You watched it three days in a row, and you wouldn't stop saying, "My names Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." Grandma Bea bought you three foam swords so you could practice your fencing. Gigi was Wesley, Parker was Inigo Montoya, and Kent was Fesick. I asked to be Buttercup, but you quickly denied me.

It was very emotional when Grandma and Gigi got on the train. Both of you sulked all the way back to the car, and then Parker you reiterated your desire to have all of our family live on the same street.

I do hope that you each realize the blessing that you've been given in coming from a healthy, loving, and functional family. Do not ever take that for granted.

No comments: