Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yesterday Daddy and I celebrated 11 years of marriage. He was going to come home from work at 5:30 and we were going to go on a date, while you hung out with Ms. Kalisha. My favorite part of the whole evening was when you saw me getting ready.

"Whoa Mom! You look pretty!" Parker, you exclaimed shockingly. (thanks for that.)

"Thank you."

"Are we going to church?" asked Kent. (because the only time I wear make-up is when we go to church).

"No, Daddy and I are going on a date."

"A date? But you're already married!" Kent said.

"So, you can still go on dates while you are married. It keeps you marriage strong."

"Well, who are you going to marry after Daddy?" Kent asked.

"No one! I'm going to be married to Daddy always."

"But who are you going to marry when you're older?" Kent, you could not understand the "til death do you part" concept.

"No one. When you get married, you are married for the rest of you life. That's how God planned it. That's why you should make a good choice when you marry someone."

"ewweeee...married" Kent you responded with a disgusted tone, and that was the end of our conversation.

Daddy and I had a nice evening out. I was reminded that I don't just love Daddy, but I really like him as a person. He has the utmost of my respect, because I've seen how he lives his life, and he lives like he says he lives.

No comments: