Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Parker, I think the inevitable has happened. I think we lost George. He has been your faithful companion for the last 7 years. We have had false alarms in the past, but he's always turned up. Once we lost him at Wal-Mart, a few times at church, and more than several times in the playroom. But, we've always managed to find his hiding spot. This has been the longest stint that you've been away from each other...it's going on 7 days. I'm not sure what happened to him. You had him in Chicago last week, but I think somewhere in the hustle and bustle of travel, he was misplaced.

You cry each night before bed, and we've turned our house upside down looking for him. During times that you've lost him before, I have actually cried tears privately. He is such a symbol of your childhood. I've prayed and asked God several times to open our eyes and jog our memories. I'm not ready to have a kid who doesn't have a comfort toy. It means you're too big.

I don't know how to comfort you. I've already looked on Amazon for a replacement, but it won't be the same. George was with you when you first went to your big boy bed, he sat next to your for hours on your training potty, he went to school with you on your first day in your back pack, he's been to almost every church service with us (until I put it a stop to it and made you keep him in the car), he sat with you at the table, he sat next you on the couch, he cuddled you faithfully for 7 years, he's been on every vacation with us, every car ride, every house we've ever lived in...I am honestly heart-broken for your loss..and for mine.

Georgie has holes in his tummy, shoulder, leg, and head..all of which I have sewed with different color thread. Can't find that on Amazon!

I feel like a terrible mother. If I hadn't been so busy last week, I could have kept better track of him. I love you Buddy. I do hope with all my heart, that you and Georgie get a fantastic reunion.

No comments: