Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boys,

you need to be the kind of husband that your daddy is to me. With my recent health issues, and with the Pop Pop's situation, I haven't been the easiest person to live with. I don't exactly exude sunshine lately.

But, Daddy has been so patient and kind to me. Today I had a mini fit after a night of no sleep, and Daddy just let me talk and cry.

In my tears, I said, "I'm sorry I'm such a basket case."

He responded, "It's okay. At least you're a hot basket case."

This is why I love him. He makes me laugh, he lifts my spirits, and he lets me be who I am.

I used to pride myself for being "in control", and these last few months have proven to me that I have control over nothing. It's been a difficult lesson to learn, and a hard pill to swallow.

But, when I need to be weak, Daddy lets me be. When I need to vent, Daddy lets me vent. When I need a laugh, Daddy makes me laugh. He is good medicine for my life.

Be that man for your future damsel in distress.

No comments: