Monday, March 7, 2011


So funny Parker.

"Mom, I know three cuss words".

"Really? What are they"? I spoke calmly and evenly but inside my heart was doing flip flops.

"Crap, Shut-up, and Stupid."

After I exhaled in relief, you continued.

"Kids in my class say OMG, but I know it means something bad. Can you tell me some other cuss words?"

"Um...No way Jose'."

"Please? You could just tell me the first syllable."

WHERE do you get this stuff, and WHO is teaching you these things?

"How many cuss words are there?"

"I don't know," as I preceded to run through the list of naughty words in order to count them, and then quickly stopped myself. "Well, there are lots. Just concentrate on saying nice things and you won't have to worry about it. The Bible tells us that the words that come out of our mouth and the things that are in our minds should make God happy."

"So, that's why I don't do cuss words?"

"Yes. If you love Jesus, then you try to act like him and talk like him".

"Ohhhh...I see. Jesus wouldn't say 'OMG' so I shouldn't either. But three people in my class say it."

AYE AYE AYE!!!!!!!!!

This was my first lesson in teaching you that you are IN the world, but not OF it.

No comments: