Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Boys,

I'm having an icky last few days. One of the toughest jobs of parenting is to continue to be pleasant and joyful on the outside, when my heart is hurting on the inside.

Sometimes as parents, our burdens get so heavy and go so deep, that all we want to do is crawl inside our covers and hibernate for a few weeks. But, we don't, because we are parents, and raising you is our job regardless of how we feel.

The upside, is that when my heart is sad, you boys are the perfect medicine. You love me unconditionally, you find joy in the slightest things, and your laughter is constant.

I love that when life is sometimes dark, you two are bright lights. Just being you lifts my burdens and encourages my heart.

Sometimes I think that you do more for my existence than I do for yours. I thank Jesus that he gave me you two, you are gems.

No comments: