Friday, February 4, 2011

Munchkins,

Just stopping by to say "I love you".

Here is some randomness that reminds me of how much I adore you.

1) Kent, last week you spilled an entire box of NERDS candy on the hardwood floor in my and Daddy's bedroom. They spread everywhere, and even though I have swept and swept, I still find this tiny pieces of hard candy. When you spilled them, you weren't at all concerned that 1,000 pieces of candy where scattered on my floor. You were upset that you had no more candy. You were crawling on your hands and knees trying to shove as many in your mouth as you could before they rolled in to oblivion.

2)Parker, you are now reading "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. I read these books in 4th and 5th grade. You are too smart. But, if you are not intellectually stimulated you get bored, and when you're bored, you get unmotivated. I was challenging you with addition problems such as "96-17", and you would spit out the answer quickly without having to write through the problem. You looked at me and said, "Mom, can we just move to time-sing (multiplication)? Adding and subtracting is too easy for me".

3)Parker when you got home from spending the night at your buddy P's house you were very clingy with me. You wanted to be held and cuddled. I was asking you about what you did at your friend's house and you said, "Mom, I have to tell you something bad". Your puppy dog eyes were tugging at my heart. I tried not to freak out, and I calmly asked you what was going on. "Mom, I don't brush my teeth when I'm at P's house". You were guilt ridden. I commended you for being honest, and then I told you that I would send a reminder attached to your pillow the next time you went.

4)Kenters, you have a special place in your heart for Daddy. When you draw pictures, you write "Dad" on them. You ask 1,000 times a day if Daddy is home from work yet. You love his kisses, his hugs, and his wrestling moves. When we are at church, you ask for him. You love your pops!

No comments: