Friday, January 28, 2011

You Gave Your Life Away - Kathryn Scott - w/ lyrics



I decided that every Friday I will post a song that is currently ministering to me. For Christmas, Santa brought you boys a worship CD for the car. You love it, and I hear you singing the songs all the time. This is one of the songs off the CD, and it breaks my heart every time I hear it. It literally makes me want to fall on my knees in worship to Jesus, the giver of life and hope. It's about Jesus giving away his life for us. No one took Jesus' life. He gave it away of his own free will because He loved us. Hebrews 12:2 says that we should fix our eyes on Jesus because he is the author and perfecter, and because of the JOY set before Him, he endured the cross. He died with me on his mind, and he died knowing that his death would make way for me to one day spend eternity with Him as He reigns. That is what John 3:16 tells us, and that simple story changes our lives. He gave away his life, so that we can have one. Thank You, Thank You, precious Jesus.

No comments: