Saturday, January 22, 2011

Parker,

it's 2:20 a.m and I am laying next to you in my bed. You caught whatever I had and you spiked a fever of 102 this evening. I piggy backed Tylenol and IBprofuen, and cooled you off with cold rags. When I took your temperature before bed it was down to about 95 degrees. I called the pharmacist, and she explained that your body was trying to level out it's temp. She said to continue to monitor you. I've been taking your temp and it's now up to 98 degrees. Right where you need to be. But, I cannot go to sleep because I am so worried about you. I am listening for every breath to make sure it sounds good and unlabored. I am making sure every inch of your body stays covered. I love you so much and if I have to give up a night's sleep in order to make sure that you are well, then it's a price worth paying.

You are very sad about having to miss your 1st basketball game tomorrow, but you said, "I'm only second best. Peyton is the first best so we should still win."

You can talk in your sleep and grind your teeth all you want tonight and I won't tell you to stop...I'm just happy your are sleeping soundly.

No comments: