Thursday, September 30, 2010


Parker,

I had a moment this morning before you left for school. I was tying your shoes (we still gotta work on that one). You can read the hardest books, you can do the most difficult math problems, and you can memorize anything..but tying shoes..that's a whole different challenge. Anyways, I took one look at your long legs, and I got all chocked up, and my eyes began to swell with tears. You are just getting too big.

When you stand up, and I don't have my shoes on, your head comes up to my arm pit (of course, you think this is hilarious--my armpit is funny to you). I am 5'3", and you are probably going to be as tall or taller than me sooner than I'd like.

I ordered you to "freeze" your height, and if you grow one more inch, I threatened to ground you. You laughed and laughed, and puffed out your chest a little, proud of how you are growing.

I know you are 6.5 years old, but I don't even want to think about losing you. I'm telling you right now, so this is fair warning..I am SOOO gonna be the mom that stalks you when you are a teenager. Just so you know..I will look through drawers, listen in on phone calls, read journals, snoop, spy, and sit on you until you talk to to me about what is going on in your life. I will visit you in college every weekend, I will show up on dates, and I will find a way to worm my way in to your life. I am going to be 10x worse than Marie Barone.

Just want to let you know what you're in for...it's your fault actually. If you weren't so stinkin cute and lovable, this wouldn't be a problem.

No comments: