Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cuddle time. I am sad to see school starting simply because I will miss the morning cuddle time we have each day. You wake up slowly, and Kent, you climb in our bed and cuddle with Daddy and I. Then Parker, an hour later, you wake up and cuddle me on the couch. I hold you both and tell you how much I love you. I kiss your cheeks, rustle your hair, and pinch your tiny hineys. With school starting our mornings are a flurry of hurried activity, and we barely make it out the door clothed and fed by 7:55 am...there is hardly a moment to cuddle. I will miss that, but it gives me something to look forward to on Saturdays!

Kenters, you see your brother reading, and you have been asking me to teach you to read. Actually, you asked Parker to teach you, but that didn't work out so well. Yesterday I gave you a few flashcards with the "at" words, and today, you can successfully read them (cat, fat, hat, mat, sat, rat, bat..). We'll do those for a few days, and then move on to the "ar" words. I am excited that you are taking initiative to learn. You are one smart 4 year old.

No comments: