Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Parker you are eating like a little piggy lately. I think this means a growth spurt is coming on. Or, you may just be like your dad and be able to eat everything in sight and not gain an ounce. Either way, last night for dinner you had 2 pieces of baked ham, about 2 servings of mashed potatoes, one serving of green peas, 4 biscuits, and a glass of milk. Then before bed you were complaining that you were hungry, so you ate a granola bar and some dry cereal. Goodness child!

Kent, you are developing quite a sense of humor. You love to be silly, and you laugh at your own jokes all the time. Kent, you are either hot or cold. There is not in between with you. You are all happy or all sad or all mad. You are me.

Last night I was thinking about the season again, and thinking about one of the names of Jesus. He is referred to as Emmanuel, which means God with us. There is nothing more powerful to me than when I think about an almighty God wanting to connect with his separated children. Jesus is the bridge that brings us, who were once far away, near to God. I love Jesus for doing that for me. I love that Emmanuel means that God is with me and God is for me.

No comments: