Thursday, September 10, 2009

Boys,we listen to a Cubs game on the radio almost every time there is a broadcast. Just the other day your dad asked, "Is there ever a day that the Cubs are NOT on the radio?" You boys know the opening theme song for the games, and you ask questions about what you hear the telecasters saying. "Mom, what's an RBI?", Parker asked me yesterday. We watch numerous games as well, but for the most part, we tune in to WGN 720 A.M. I am a huge fan of the announcers on the radio, Pat Hughes and Ron Santo. I could go on and on about how great I think Ron Santo is, but I'll spare you the love fest. In short, I just admire all of the adversity he has overcome, both personal and physical, and I certainly revere him for his amazing baseball career. It doesn't hurt that he has an hysterical sense of humor, and that his forgetfulness is endearing.

We were listening to the game the other night, and I emailed Pat and Ron to show my appreciation for what they do. Wouldn't you know that they read that email on the radio during their live broadcast.

Anyways, here's the email I sent.

Just wanted to let you know that you’ve got a fan in me. You guys have great chemistry, and I love the vast amounts of information that you give during each broadcast. You relay baseball history, in depth background on players, and your personal perspective on situations. I choose you over TV for every game. You are so thoroughly entertaining that I almost forget our place in the standings. Sometimes I think I may be a bigger Pat and Ron Fan than I am a Cubs fan. Keep it up!


1 comment:

Mike Stenglein said...

Sniff *wipes tear away* I miss Pat and Ron. Good to know that your boys (well two of them anyways ;-) ) are forming good habits!