Monday, August 17, 2009


Boys,

There is no one on this planet that I love more than your Dad. I hope that the love that your dad and I have for each other gives you stability and security in your life. Your dad is hard working, sincere, authentic, non-judgmental, even tempered, patient, and unconditional in his love for me and for you. This morning before I even got out of bed, I thought to myself, "Thank you Jesus for giving me Erik". You boys need to know that I respect Daddy and that I admire his walk with Jesus. He is the head of our home (even though I'm the mouth of the house), and he is our leader. I was blessed to live in a home where my mom and dad were very verbal and physically affectionate to one another. Their relationship with each other become a huge source of encouragement and a great foundation for my emotional and spiritual health. I hope to pass on that same legacy to the two of you. I pray that the relationship that your dad and I have reflects they way that Jesus loves us, His bride. Your dad does anything for me, (goes out and gets me medicine late at night, washes dishes if I'm behind, picks up what I can't, bathes you so I can clean up after dinner, fixes my computer after he's already tried to teach me to do it 1,000 times, talks to me even if he wants to be doing something else instead, and time and time again he puts me before himself) the true picture of sacrifice. He protects me, he provides for me, and he enriches my life. If you are the kind of husband that your dad is to your future brides, they will be truly blessed women.

No comments: