Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART (Prov 3:5)

My Lord sustain me.
My God preserve me.
My Rock uphold me,
As I hide in the shadow of your wings (Ps 91)

Your grace is enough for me, (2 Cor 12:9)
In my trails you are all I need.
When the wind blows and the waves rush continually
I will not take my eyes off thee. (Heb 12:4)

In this time my heart refine,
That I may taste your glory divine.
Humble me Lord so only You shine.
My spirit with Yours, Lord combine. (Matt 26:39)

I will not question where You lead,
For I am the child, and You are the King.
Although this battle seems endlessly long,
I will finish, for when I am weak, You are strong. (2 Cor 12:10)

I will not complain, instead I will look up.
You have assigned my portion and cup. (Ps 16:5)
My path may seem dark, hazy, and dim,
But all things work together for those that are in Him. (Rom 8:28).


Boys, you will find that in trials God may seem silent. You will call on Him, and feel as if your prayer goes on deaf ears. But that is what makes the Bible so powerful. It is God's words to us. Sometimes God's answers to our requests are found in his written Word rather than a spoken one. This poem is a compilation of some of my favorite passages of Scriptures that have seen me through many valleys.I wrote this 1997 shortly after your dad and I went our separate ways while we were dating (and look how wonderfully God worked that out). I was broken and confused, but God gave me strength to trust Him. Now when I can't see God's hand in a situation or hear his voice, I rely on his Word.

1 comment:

Mike Stenglein said...

Always a good thing to remember!