Friday, July 24, 2009

"Parker, move the tee farther up the lawn so you don't hit the car with the bat after yo hit the ball."

"No Mommy. If I move the tee then I can't hit a home run."

I then proceeded to ignore the plee and I moved the tee up 15 feet, and as I turned my back to walk away, a mysterious happening occurred. The tee was magically moved back to it's original place.

Parker then swung the bat, hit the ball far, and then instead of dropping the bat at then end of a swing, he threw the bat.

What happened?

DING.

A nice dent in the driver's side door of our van courtesy of a flying metal bat.

Parker, you are so LUCKY that at that precise moment the Harris and Konrath families were pulling in to our driveway. You were saved.

2 comments:

Mike Stenglein said...

So would it be bad to mention that God has perfect timing? Maybe...

Melissa Watson said...

Hey I just read this and I want to let you know that we own a body shop. Bring your van by any time.
Art's Auto Rebuilders
7400 S Western Ave
773-471-2600
Larry is there every day, ask for him (and remind him you're from Stone)