Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Parker,

On Sunday after service we were leaving the building, and when we reached the car you exclaimed, "Mom! I didn't say good-bye to my girlfriend! We have to go back!"

I originally said "no" because I was wearing really high heels, and I didn't want to have to walk all the way back to the church, but the pout on your face broke my heart. Me, you, and Kent took the journey back to the sanctuary where you found your little sweetheart running through all of the chairs.

"Bye Miriam. I'll see you later." You said.

And that was it. She smiled and turned away shyly, and you turned away to leave with a look of complete satisfaction.

You are only 5, but I hope you continue to treat ladies in such a gentleman like manner. I've taught you to hold doors for me, let me and other ladies go first, and to carry heavy things when necessary. You love playing the role of the hero coming to the rescue of the damsel in distress. It suites you.