Monday, January 5, 2009

Week of Prayer..too cute not to share.

Parker is sitting with the adults this week for our prayer emphasis. He is four and I want him to see and hear adults praying. Tonight's focus was on finding the will of God. With Parker sitting next to me, I began to pray that Parker and Kent would know God's will for their lives at a young age. I want them to know God's purpose for their lives so that they can dedicate themselves to Him, and concentrate on fulfilling their calling. I was called in to ministry when I was 8, and knowing what God wanted for my life was not a difficult journey because it was made clear to me early. I want that for my children. After I prayed silently for a few moments, I grabbed Parker's hand and explained that I wanted to pray for him.

"Parker, I want to pray for God to tell you what He wants you to be when you grow up. If you are going to be a teacher, I want him to help you. If you are going to be a fireman, I want him to help you...."

In all seriousness he looked at me and said, "I want you to pray for me to be a Power Ranger when I'm big. I want God to help me do that."

7 comments:

Mike Stenglein said...

Well surely a Power Ranger outranks fireman. Big aspirations!

Megan said...

What a good and honest boy!

Cara said...

Wow, what a hero!

dflattery said...

I'm so glad you gave your son the opportunity to see and hear the adults pray. I know that kids have school and are busy but I believe that it is so important for them to learn about prayer from observing it in action. One week of being tired at school is not going to hurt them but it will help them to be in God's presence for this week. And Parker got it...if he's going to be a Power Ranger he's sure God is going to help him be the greatest Power Ranger ever...

Me..... said...

soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...adorable!!

Katie said...

Hey at least he knows what he wants... most ADULTS don't even know what they want to be :) How cute! LOL