Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Movie Scenes that make me cry...in no particular order

1) The last 20 minutes of Cast Away when Tom Hanks arrives at Helen Hunt's house.

2) The scene in A League of Their Own where Dot and Kitty are walking through the Hall of Fame.

3) The part in Titanic (yes I'm a sucker for that movie) where Rose is on the raft and she realizes that Jack is dead.

4) When Little Bonnie Blue Butler dies in Gone With the Wind.

5) When Laurie reveals that he married Amy in Little Women.

6) The entire movie of Cinderella Man.

7) The entire movie of The Notebook.

8) When E.T. leaves Elliot.

9) When Matthew dies in Anne of Green Gables.

10) The Rocky movies..the inspirational music gets me every time.

11) About every 10 minutes in Pearl Harbor (gotta love Mr. Affleck)


What movies turn on the waterworks for you?

10 comments:

Cara said...

I am so with you on the notebook. I don't cry, I sob at the end.

Judith and Lance said...

Definitely The Notebook for me. After Lance and I saw that movie we both walked out of the theater crying and clinging to each other. (he hates it when I tell that story.. HAHA!)

Megan said...

A Walk To Remember with Mandy Moore & Shane West. Everytime I see it...I cry rivers!

Me..... said...

Yes... when Matthew dies in Anne is so sad. I also always cry in A Walk To Remember. Joel even cried at that one. :)

PingPongRenee said...

Ummm.....Star Wars Episode 2 when his mother dies. Star Wars Episode 3 when you feel all the turmoil in Anakin. Star Wars Episode 6 when Anakin reappears as a ghost with Yoda and Obi-Wan. Love's Enduring Promise when you see the flashback of his brother dying........and plenty others I'm not woman enough to admit....yet:)

Laura Ashley Prosapio said...

I tear up in "Anne of Green Gables" at the end of the sequel when Gilbert recovers from his sickness and also at the end of the continuing story when Anne sings "You are my Sunshine" and sees Gil.

Also in "A Walk to Remember" after the movie's all over.

Also in "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" when Frodo and Sam share glances at the end.

I get emotional in "Rudy" and "Remember the Titans."

When I watch "Father of the Bride" I tear up the night before Annie's wedding when her dad plays basketball with her.

I agree with what you said about the inspirational music in "Rocky".:)

mscottberg said...

i will answer this when i am not pregnant...my list would be way too long right now...haha!

Katie said...

the Note Book, definately the Note Book!

Anonymous said...

THE NOTEBOOK! and i also agree with the LITTLE WOMEN part you mentioned!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to second all those and add when Dumbo is rocked by his incarcerated mother and "Baby of Mine" plays. Ugh...gets me every time.