Friday, February 15, 2008

Randomnesssss

1)I had the flu yesterday on Valentine's Day. How nice. If this is too graphic, I apologize, but once when I was tossing my cookies, Erik came in and asked me if I wanted him to hold my hair back. That was the highlight of our romantic evening.

2)If I had no job and no children, I would love to dust and vacuum all day long. I love the smell!

3)Winter Retreat is tomorrow, Sunday and Monday. We have fabulous leaders who are giving up their much deserved three day weekend to come and invest in the lives of students. Thanks to Lonna, Aldo, Jason, Sam, Jim, Mike and Katie for your servant's hearts. You bless us.

4) Do you know that Full House is on for three hours in the middle of the night? I watched several episodes on Nick at Nite.

5) Speaking of Nick at Nite, does anyone know how Fresh Prince ended the show? Did Will and Lisa get married?

6) We used Applebee's carside service yesterday. It's where you can call and order your meal and they bring it out to your car. Do you tip for that?

7) I miss college. I felt like I had all the time in the world to spend with Jesus. Now, the second I grab my Bible, I hear a boy screaming, and the second I close my eyes to pray, I fall asleep.

8) I want to have a marriage like my Papa and Nana. My Nana passed away several years ago, and I called my Papa yesterday to wish him a good Valentine's, and he was on his way to go and visit Nana's grave. He said, "I haven't been there in a week, so I'm going to have a lot of shoveling to do." He loves her and serves her, and still wants nothing but the best. He brings her fresh flowers at least twice a week.

9) A very generous family member (who shall remain nameless at their request) is giving me and the boys a trip to Disney World in April. I don't know if Mickey is ready for me, Kent, Parker, Grandma Bea, Auntie Denise, Giana, and Nico.

10) I have nothing else to say, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to stop on an odd number.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait for retreat! My pile by the door is growing...
You are so funny I love your 10th random thought

Megan said...

#6- I believe you are supposed to tip the person who comes to your car. We always give them like $2-3.

I hope you get feeling better!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know Will and Lisa don't ever get married. They decide they aren't ready. But, as a twist, his mom and her dad get married.

Mike Stenglein said...

What? Katie is going?? aww man.
Umm...something came up. I can't go. I gotta do my hair or something. :-P Hope that you are feeling better!

Kelly Weinberg said...

How fun...a trip to Disney world!! I hope you are feeling better by now! How horrible that you were sick on Valentine's Day!

It sounds like you had a blast on winter retreat!