Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude

A few days ago I wrote about how I have been blessed. Since that day, Erik has gotten in an accident, the boys had the stomach flu, and I have realized a financial error I made last year that is going to cost us a good portion of money in order to make it right.

So, now my theory of the goodness of God is truly put to the test. I am going to choose to believe that God is going to bless us. I am going to choose to believe that God is good, and that His love endures forever. I am going to choose to be grateful even though that is not my first inclination.

When I find myself in a valley, am I still blessed? Yes, because although my circumstances have changed, my God has not.

6 comments:

Joan said...

That's what faith is all about. Jesus said to Thomas blessed are those who believe even though they haven't seen. So we trust even when the circumstances say not to and we believe even when we can't see or understand what God is doing. We hold on to the promises of his word and trust in his faithfulness. God is who he says he is and He will do what he has promised to do.

Megan said...

Amen girl. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God is good not just sometimes, but ALL THE TIME!

Mike Stenglein said...

Believe.
You are blessed.
I have found that after some of the highest points in my life, God often put my faith to the test, sometimes quite harshly.

I would praise Him when things were good.

And then I would question Him when things turned sour.
I find that strange.
I think it should have been the other way around.
I get so caught up in the moment. Usually someone has to remind me to take a step back. To let the whole picture come into focus.

Megan said it best: God is good. All the time.

Karebear said...

Wow!
Isn't that the way it goes??
What an inspiring attitude you have tho! I hope things iron out quickly. Till then...thanks for inspiring the rest of us with your honesty!

Me..... said...

Good word sister! It is so hard to be thankful and feel blessed when things like that take place but it is in those times that we usually cling tighter and believe even more that our God will supply our needs.

Angel said...

That's right, God never changes. And I admit, I know how hard it is to tell of God's goodness when things just aren't going too great. Hang in there!