Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I did it!!!

I ran the race. I finished in 27:30 seconds. I didn't walk and I ran a personal best. I originally estimated my finishing time to be around 33 minutes, so I set my goal at 30 minutes. After having to stop twice to tie my shoe, which threw me off my pace, I recovered and got back into sync. Thanks goes out to my personal cheerleader Janna. At about 2 1/2 miles I seriously wanted to quite, but she wouldn't let me. From a girl who ran the 400 meter DASH in high school, this was something I never thought I'd do..run a distance race. I'm glad I did it and I am looking forward to one coming up in November that I will run with my three other siblings.

To the gazillion year old man who beat me by 3 minutes...kudos to you!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Next time double knot your shoes!!! Or if you want an excuse to stop for a breather, just single knot them! Ha ha! Congrats!