Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Honestly, I am frustrated

I made a commitment to myself when I began my blogging journey. I vowed to be honest, and wisely transparent. If you know me personally, you know that I do not wear a good mask. If I am happy, the world knows it. If I am sad, the world knows it. I've become much more aware of my emotions and I try to not display them on my sleeves. Being a woman, an Italian one at that, keeping feelings in check can be challenging. I grew up in a very verbal household. We would shout from the rooftops that we loved one another, but unfortunately when we were angry, we'd do the same. I celebrate loudly, and I argue the same way. I know that Proverbs 18 says that a fool gives full vent to his emotions, so I am continuing to work on this issue.

In the most calm manner I am going to discuss my frustration. My sister Janna and I are running a race on the 4th of July. It is only a 5K, but I haven't run in a race since 1994, and even then my specialty was the 400 meter dash. I have been training at the gym for several months. I had reached a point where I could run the distance, and I had just begun to work on increasing the speed. Then Erik went to camp and for a week I could not go to the gym. I refuse to pay for my children to be watched while I exercise. Now today Erik is at Six Flags, and he had to leave home early, so I could not go today either. I have one week until the race and I am afraid that I will not be prepared. I am frustrated that I have to put my agenda's to the side day after day. You'd think that after being a wife, mother, and pastor's wife I'd know how to do this by now, but the fact is, I still struggle.

No comments: