Monday, March 21, 2011



"Parker, who are you going to play sports with at recess this week now that P is gone on vacation?"

"I don't know. He said he is going to be gone for 5 days. How many hours is that?"

"Hmmm...let me see....." (as I was trying to do a quick multiplication problem).

"It's 120 hours." you quickly reported.

"No, I think it's more. Give me another second and I'll have the answer for you."

"Mom, it's 120 hours. 20 goes in to 100 five times, and then if you add 4 leftover over from the 24 five times, you get 20. If there is 24 hours in a day, and he is gone five days than it's 120 hours."

Seriously. That literally took you a nano-second to figure out. REMINDER: You are in 1st grade!!! I'm pretty sure I was still trying to color inside the lines, and here you are doing multi-step math problems. And, if you are solving math problems quicker than me when you are 7, I'm also pretty sure I'm not going to be much help with your homework once you get passed the 2nd grade.

No comments: