Thursday, May 20, 2010

Boys,

Grandma Joan stayed with you as Daddy and I were at District Council. I'm not sure what you did while I was gone, but I know you had a blast. Daddy and I were having a littl fun of our own. We were able to enjoy the company of the wonderful people that we are honored to serve with. The staff at our church is fantastic. I was priveleged to spend a good portion of time with the ladies, and I thoroughly enjoyed all the laughs, insight, and bonding time. It is awesome to see how much they love the people here, and it inspires me to do the same.

I am very content, and I was reminded of that during the Ordination Service on Tuesday night. When we started this transition all the way back in November, I had many questions and concerns. God had none. He knew all along that this is where we needed to be. I was worried, when from the beginning, He just wanted to bless our family.

You boys can't wait to get to church here. You love your teachers and friends...and the donuts, of course. People here have readily invited us to birthday parties, graduations, and Holidays with them. What was I so worried about? Why did I waste nights of sleep, laying awake due to anxiety before we made the move? God is sovereign. He put us in a great place, with healthy leaders, and some of the most friendly people I have ever met. I'm so glad we followed His leading...because He can see the bigger picture. He knew we would be blessed here by this church community.

No comments: