Friday, October 9, 2009

I've been very disappointed in people lately. They don't keep their word, or their commitments. Mark Driscoll, a pastor from Mars Hill church in Seattle, gave a brief discussion on how we tend to put people as idols in our lives, and then are surprised when they let us down. People failing us should not shock us. It is what we should expect because of our imperfections. That is what impresses me most about Christ. He has never failed me. He has never let me down. I've found His promises to be true. He has been faithful to me, when my loyalty has waivered.

I want you boys to have mentors and heroes of the faith, but please don't put anyone on a pedestal. They will fall off, and probably crush your hearts in the process. Trust in Jesus alone, for He will not, and cannot fail you.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

hopefully i didn't let you down!