Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Parker,

You helped point out an important parenting lesson to me. While some measures I take to mold your character are inconvenient for me, they benefit you, and are therefore necessary. I am driving you to school this morning because your dad and I grounded you from the bus for one day. You love the bus. To this point, it's your favorite part of Kindergarten. But, you've had some behavior issues on the bus, and we need to show you that only "big kids" are welcomed on. Do I want to get up in this rain and drive you to school? Do I want to go back out in the afternoon and take time off work to pick you up? No. But, I believe that you are going to behave like an absolute saint the next time you ride the bus, because you know if you don't, you'll lose the priviledge.

Anyways, on a much happier note, we held the first ever Scottberg Family Talent Show last night. I had been talking about it for days, and you boys were practicing your acts for a while. We moved the couches around downstairs, we got out spotlights and cameras, and we all took a turn..well, we all took many turns.

Kent, you opened us up with a song you made up called "I know"..basically those were the only two words of the entire song. Parker, you followed by showing off how you could jump on one foot with your eyes closed. So risky of you! I was next with a guitar solo of "Take me Out to the Ball Game", and Daddy then did his taco song on the guitar. You boys took another turn and danced to "Ice Ice Baby", and then sang a trio with me and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Lastly, we concluded by you boys showing off your skills while dancing to 'Beat It' by Michael Jackson.

I awarded Daddy the second place prize, and it was tie for first between the two of you. I laughed so hard, I was snorting, and you Dad is laughing so hard, the camera was shaking. You both had so much fun, and we'll be sure to do this in a few months. I'd like to work on an entire family rendition of "Bad Boys" by Gloria Estefen.

1 comment:

Me..... said...

that is awesome......