Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A New Era....



I have had these dishes for nine years. They were from my wedding registry at Pier 1. After I received them from my grandmother, I decided that I was not particularly fond of them. I kept them for sentimental purposes, and it is with mixed emotion that I replaced them yesterday. The acrylic on almost every dish, bowl, cup, and saucer was cracked. I am sad to see these dishes go only because they represent the first decade of my marriage. But seriously. What was I thinking? Blue and Yellow? I must have been going through a "country phase" when I chose those. I was living in Missouri afterall.




Now, I opted to purchase a basic white set that goes with anything. They may be bland, but I can spice up the table setting with place mats and napkins. Wait. Who am I kidding? It's going to be years before I use anything cloth at my table.

7 comments:

Cara said...

good choice out with the old in with the new

Janna Howard said...

ya, those old plates....questionable if you were sane when you chose them!

Katie said...

Great Choice! You'll never get tired of those :)

Me..... said...

I do not even own cloth napkins or tablecloths... it will be a few more years before that!! The white will be great to go with everything!! :)

Judith and Lance said...

Great decision. We used all white plates @ the shower for Sharon @ my house in Naperville -- they were Jo-Ann's and worked perfectly for the occasion.

Megan said...

I like the white plates. I always look at how the plates, cups and bowls are shaped. That is what really stands out to me. hehe

Angel said...

I was in that country phase when I got married and I've finally gotten rid of all my country stuff!!!! (Well, except for my kitchen table- but the boys aren't old enough yet to get a new one!) Hooray for new dishes!!