Friday, December 7, 2007

I cannot get my hair to look the same as it did yesterday. I think I tried to straighten pieces that were too thick. I need to be patient and just do smaller portions at one time. Anyways, maybe I'll just hire Laura the hairdresser full time. That's a justifiable expense, right?

Well I am kid free today. Janna is in town and wanted to see the boys, but I had to work this morning, so she took them and is at my parents house with them until tomorrow evening. It is so empty without them here. I enjoy the time to myself though. I took an uninterrupted shower for the first time in three years! Usually Kent throws the curtain open and chucks his toys in there with me, and then runs away giggling. It is so odd not having Parker come upstairs every five minutes and ask for juice, a cookie, or a hug. I miss them tremendously, but when I called Janna this morning, all I heard was Parker laughing and Kent screaming "Mine! Mine!". I am going to run a thousand errands today, and it will take me half the time to do it, because I won't have to put two kids in and out of carseats at every stop. I love my boys, and they have filled my life with unspeakable joy, but I do look forward to time alone. I do feel guilty...a little.

5 comments:

Kelly Weinberg said...

Bethany, Don't feel guilty at all!! You deserve some much needed alone time! Plus I'm sure your Mom and Janna are enjoying every moment they get to spend with your boys.

By the way your haircut looks adorable!! The same thing happens to me the next day; I can never get it to look as great as it did when the hairdresser did it! Why is that?

Bethany Patrice said...

do you remember when i got that awful hair cut our sophomore year and i came back to the dorm hysterical and you tried so hard to help me get it not to look like a guy's bowl cut?

sharonie said...

Bethany, I remember that haircut...who would ever forget it????!!!

Kelly Weinberg said...

I totally remember that day!! It makes me laugh right now thinking about it!

I think every haircut that I got in Missouri was awful! Either I was going to really bad places there, or they need to hire some real hair stylists in Springfield Missouri!!

Judith and Lance said...

Smaller chunks will definitely make it look better, I'm the worst at trying to straighten huge chunks and then my hair winds up looking like a chunk if you know what I mean :). Also, a round brush and hair dryer does better for straightening than an iron if you ask me....

About the guilt.. DON'T!!!! I've only had Bella for 9 months and adore the pants off of her, but I love my alone time still!